Jane Austen Fest Job Descriptions
Volunteers are important to the success of the Fest. We cannot function without you. As a Volunteer you will receive free admission for the day that you work for 2 hours. You must be signed up and confirmed to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours to get free festival admission. Workshops, Soiré, Masquerade Ball, Teas, Teas & Crumpets are all paid events.
- Some computer knowledge.
- Friendly and helpful to answer questions.
- Help set up the House.
- Greet and seat people.
- Check people in from list received from Registration Desk. (List should tell you how many are attending each particular Tea). Hostess will ask first how many are there with a table of 6 and seat them first. Then fill in with a group of 4 and seat 2 more at that table.
You are the intro to the entire Tea, enjoy being the hostess with he “Mostess”! Things to share history of Fest, history of Mount Dora/Donnelly House, scholarships, the Tea has been blended especially for us and is called Divine Jane and is available across the street at the venders. Ask where they are from, is their first Fest, etc. Lend a hand, if necessary, clearing tables and setting up for next Tea.
Tea Wait Staff:
- Aprons provided.
- The table should be set by previous staff.
- Help set up plates with food and put on racks.
- Fill Tea Pots. Check from time to time to see if they need more Tea.
- Clear tables
- Set tables for next Tea.
- Might have to help wash or dry dishes.
- Wash/Dry cups and saucers and plates.
Set-up Crew on Friday:
- Help set up Donnelly House for Tea.
- Setting tables, tie bows on chairs, etc.
- Possible other chores
Tee Shirt/Merchandise Sales:
- Man the table and sell Tee Shirts and other merchandise
- Greet people waiting on line
- Answer questions about the Fest
- Bring the list over to Donnelly House for Tea.
- Pick up Speaker at airport on Thursday or Friday – will reimburse for tolls and gas – details still to be arranged
- Return Speaker to airport on Sunday – will reimburse for tolls and gas – details still to be arranged